FAQs About our Esthetician Nutrition Certification
The program is taught by our licensed educator, Kathleen Nordby, certified by the Integrative Esthetician Program of Learn Skin Dermatology.
You will learn…
- To provide information on the role of nutrition in skin health.
- To understand the role of diet in maintaining normal skin anatomy and physiology.
- To appreciate how genes and epigenetics can inform personalized nutrition strategies.
- To compare the roles of macro and micronutrients, their functions, and common food sources.
- To describe the role of phytonutrients and bioactives in the diet and common sources.
- To demonstrate the role of key biological systems that connect diet and skin health, including the microbiome.
- To differentiate between RDA/RDI and functional needs.
- To analyze benefits and challenges between common diets, including vegetarian, vegan, Paleo, Mediterranean, Keto, FODMAP, Blood Type, and Intermittent Fasting.
- To identify common skin conditions that are impacted by diet including acne, rosacea, eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, hirsutism, vitiligo, alopecia and other hair loss, hidradenitis suppuritiva, hormonal imbalances including PCOS, and Thyroid conditions.
- To formulate basic diet, topical and lifestyle strategies for each condition and communicate to clients.
- To evaluate claims regarding nutrition and skin health utilizing scientific studies.
- To recognize when referral to a qualified nutrition expert is necessary.
Approved by the Oregon Health Authority for 21 hours of Continuing Education.
We have negotiated a student discount at nearby Marriotts.
Start or advance your career with the best Esthetics School in Portland
Start your Aesthetician Certification at Spectrum! Connecting with an Admissions Advocate is the first step to your new career.
Find out more information about:
- Career options
- Application process
- And more
- Click here to book a tour of our campus: >_Calendly Link to Schedule a Tour